COVID-19 Operating Policies
We're in this Together
Hutch Kids works in concert with King County Public Health, Fred Hutch infection prevention experts and our own Nurse Consultant to determine the very best standards to both keep our community safe and our center open to support children and families.
Hutch Kids Covid-19 Operational Changes Due to Vaccines Available for Young Children – effective 7/29/22
Hutch Kids Early Learning Center will require all children aged 6 months and older to be full vaccinated against Covid-19, unless a medical exemption is provided
- All age-eligible and enrolled children are required to be vaccinated by November 1, 2022
- When children turn 6 months old, they will have three months to complete their vaccinations
- Children are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their final dose of their chosen vaccine
- Parents are responsible for vaccinating their children and providing a copy of their child’s vaccination records to Hutch Kids administration
- Once children are fully vaccinated, they are no longer required to quarantine after a close contact community exposure. As a precautionary measure, parents are required to document and report the results of an antigen or PCR test taken on day 6 and send the results to email@example.com before arriving for the day.
Hutch Kids Masking Requirements Beginning November 1, 2022
After November 1, masking will not longer be required with the following exceptions:
- Community transmission rates are rated high in King County on this dashboard
- Ten percent or more of the combined HK staff and students have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past two weeks, until we fall under that number
- When vaccinated individuals have an ongoing household exposure to a positive household member (when age-eligible to mask)
No proposed changes to exclusion and testing requirements due to symptoms
Link to help you find an appointment.
Below are resources for families to understand the guidance Hutch Kids is currently using: